Software Engineer, Backend
We’re looking for Backend Engineers to join our teams based in SoHo, New York City. As a backend software engineer at Current, you will be building and owning backend services, working alongside with product managers, designers and influencing product decisions. You will gain insight into the mechanics of the US financial system, and gain domain-expertise in financial technology. You will be shipping highly impactful code within your first week.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cross-functional team that helps deliver the premium banking experience to our fans around the world.
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Work closely with our UX and Design teams to design the best possible user experience thereby increasing end-user engagement.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- You will also be the technical counterpart of product discovery work, collaborating closely with User Research, Design, and Mobile, to make our premium banking experience great.
Who you are:
- Have 3+ years of programming experience
- Have 3+ years experience building the backend of large-scale applications
- Have a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Product oriented mindset
- You look at programming languages as tools and not constraints. You’re not afraid to go out of your comfort zone.
- Experience with cloud hosted services, like AWS or GCP
- Experience with production databases
- Experience working across disciplines and teams to diagnose and resolve customer/system issues
- Experience with Production Kubernetes
- Experience with Production GraphQL
- Experience with creating and maintaining tests within a CI pipeline
- Experience with Google Cloud (GKE, Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Build)
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision benefits with 100% premium covered for employees
- Unlimited vacation days and paid holidays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee commuter benefits
- Company equity & discretionary performance bonuses
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- A collaborative open floor plan in our Soho-based office with a stocked fridge and kitchen, occasional catered lunches, hot and cold drinks, and happy hours