Sr. Software Engineer, Backend
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 2 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
What you’ll do
- Build core microservices that expose gRPC endpoints that auto-generate client libraries. These services perform critical financial functions, such as ledger modifications, identity verification, and real-time transaction decisioning.
- Work closely with the core team to introduce new service templates for different service patterns.
- Architect mechanisms to parallelize and scale existing services while maintaining idempotence.
- Measure and tune services with Datadog tracing that link to performance SLOs.
About the stack
Current’s engineering team has applications running on Google Cloud Kubernetes Engine. We are investing heavily in these services to support a banking core that can scale to handle millions of transactions a day.
We use a variety of databases, including MongoDB, Neo4j, and Postgres. Our services are written in Java, TypeScript, and Node.js.
- Significant professional backend development experience
- Production experience with a JVM language
- Experience with cloud-hosted services, like AWS or GCP
- Proficiency in both RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- A good grasp of concurrency and multi-threading
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent