We are a leading U.S. challenger bank built to meet the needs of people with unique lives who have been overlooked by the traditional banking industry. Our proprietary Current Core technology allows us to provide premium banking services for everyone, regardless of age or income, and improve the financial outcomes of our members without overdraft fees, minimum balance requirements, or hidden fees. We give members up to two days faster direct deposit paychecks, access to 55,000 free ATMs worldwide as well as 24/7 member support 365 days a year.
About the role:
As a Dispute Specialist, you’ll help us investigate member dispute claims, coordinate funds recovery with merchants, and resolve claims in accordance with Federal Regulations and network rules. The Disputes Specialist is an integral part of a high functioning team that promotes the conciliation and/or arbitration to resolve disputes and negotiations between consumers and the business. You will participate in risk initiatives, monitor fraud trends, and focus on financial recovery efforts in order to maintain reputational standing.
- Ownership of the full dispute case management process.
- Reviews all outstanding claims in a timely manner to meet Regulation E policies and internal SLAs.
- Communicate claim investigation findings to customers.
- File chargebacks and fraud reporting in accordance with payment network (Visa, MasterCard) rules.
- Review merchant representments and determine if they met compelling evidence thresholds; execute arbitrations when necessary.
- Initiates appropriate action to resolve disputes, ensuring potential financial risk to Current is mitigated.
- Respond to document requests and rebuttals, and communicate findings to customers.
- Liaise with our banking partners to investigate ACH disputes, file the appropriate paperwork and work with the customer to resolve the claim.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in a risk related or banking role, with a focus on consumer compliance.
- Working knowledge of Regulation E.
- Ability to multitask and communicate correct information.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of financial services and the payment industry.
- Strong analytical skills and has the ability to offer a consistent unbiased resolution, eliminating moral judgement from cases.
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision benefits with 100% premium covered for employees
- Unlimited vacation days and paid holidays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee commuter benefits
- Company equity & discretionary performance bonuses
- Healthcare and Dependant care FSA benefit
- A collaborative open floor plan in our Soho-based office with a stocked fridge and kitchen, occasional catered lunches, hot and cold drinks, and happy hours