VP of Risk
We are one of the fastest growing digital banks in the U.S. With over one million accounts, our core mission is to improve peoples financial outcomes. We have assembled an incredible team from top companies in the U.S who bring a wealth of knowledge within their domains. We work in a fast paced environment where everyone on our team owns their results and outcomes.
We are looking for a VP of Risk to join our rapidly growing team and lead Current’s risk operations within a highly quantitative framework. The VP of Risk will be an integral member of the leadership team and enable Current’s strategic growth through the implementation of best in class, scaleable risk management framework. This person will play a key role in launching new product lines involving credit and will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage and grow the Risk department, including fraud, collections, and compliance.
- Maintain and monitor operational risk.
- Develop and manage risk frameworks for new product lines, including credit products.
- Communicate and coordinate across the company to ensure cross-functional alignment with risk policies.
- Continuously improve and build upon customer and transaction monitoring processes with a data-driven framework.
- Support external audits.
- Develop human capital within the team through coaching and mentoring, and creating opportunities for team members.
- Be an SME within governance, risk, fraud and money movement products.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and monitor changes in regulatory expectations and frameworks.
The Successful Applicant:
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in the Risk department of a regulated financial institution.
- Experience within the start-up space a plus.
- Prior experience managing a Risk, Fraud, or Loss Mitigation team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Highly Analytical.
- Ability to integrate risk within Operations, Engineering & Marketing.