We are a leading U.S. challenger bank built to meet the needs of people with unique lives who have been overlooked by the traditional banking industry. Our proprietary Current Core technology allows us to provide premium banking services for everyone, regardless of age or income, and improve the financial outcomes of our members without overdraft fees, minimum balance requirements, or hidden fees. We give members up to two days faster direct deposit paychecks, access to 55,000 free ATMs worldwide as well as 24/7 member support 365 days a year.
We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our growing team. In this role you will coordinate Current’s overall compliance with applicable state and federal rules, regulations and statutory requirements. You will be responsible for the implementation of a compliance program and will be conscious of streamlining efforts, cost effectiveness and internal control structure.
- Work with staff and auditors to complete and review risk assessments, make policy change recommendations, and ensure risk management issues are addressed.
- Conduct compliance reviews in accordance with established standards and practices.
- Coordinate required independent reviews with external auditors.
- Develop and maintain a library of compliance resources. Disseminate relevant compliance resources to appropriate staff.
- Ensure that reports to federal and state regulatory agencies are completed and filed in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries from law enforcement in a timely manner.
- Analyze regulatory trends and changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules and regulations. Determine which regulations Current is subject to and advise management of the operational impact of such trends and changes.
The Successful Applicant
- Current on all AML/BSA training requirements.
- Well organized, efficient, self-starter able to work independently. Detail oriented, in order to generate accurate and precise work.
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to conduct thorough research and to interpret and understand laws and regulations. Provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.