Current is a New York-based FinTech that uniquely connects people and their money to friends, family, brands, and experiences. Our mission is to create better financial outcomes for people and their unique lives.
At the center of Current is Current Core. Current Core is a core banking engine that allows us to create financial products that have never existed, by acting as an abstracted software layer on top of traditional financial infrastructure. Core engineers at Current are responsible for building and extending the capabilities of the engine. As a Core engineer, you will get into the guts of ACH, payment networks, and the data models we create to bridge the fragmented ecosystem into a unified banking API.
About the Stack
Current’s engineering team has applications running on Google Cloud, with Compute Engine and Kubernetes clusters hosting various parts of the system. We use a variety of databases, including MongoDB and Neo4j, with our core services written in Node.js. We are obsessed with tracking and analyzing our system activity in order to improve our product funnels and system performance, and we leverage Segment to aggregate many data sources into our BigQuery warehouse.
- Experience running production web applications with real users
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js
- 4+ years of experience working with fast pace Engineering teams.
- Experience writing and debugging Node.js code
- Experienced with cloud hosted services, like AWS or GCP
- Experience with more than one database, and understanding when to use what
- Experience working across disciplines and teams to diagnose and resolve customer/system issues
- Production Kubernetes experience
- Production GraphQL experience
- Experience with creating and maintaining tests within a CI pipeline
- MongoDB, Neo4j, Postgres, Graphite, and/or Elasticsearch expertise
- Google Cloud (GKE, Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Build) expertise