API Software Engineer
Current is a New York-based FinTech that uniquely connects people and their money to friends, family, brands, and experiences. Our mission is to create better financial outcomes for people and their unique lives.
We are looking for software engineers to help build features on our customer-facing GraphQL API. You will be on the front lines of delivering exceptional product experiences while using the latest technologies. You will collaborate closely with our product and app teams, and you will start shipping high-impact code within your first week.
About the Stack
Current’s engineering team has applications running on Google Cloud, with Compute Engine and Kubernetes clusters hosting various parts of the system. We use a variety of databases, including MongoDB and Neo4j, with our core services written in Node.js. We are obsessed with tracking and analyzing our system activity in order to improve our product funnels and system performance, and we leverage Segment to aggregate many data sources into our BigQuery warehouse.
- Experience running production web applications with real users
- Experience writing and debugging Node.js code
- Experience with cloud hosted services, like AWS or GCP
- Experience with more than one database, and understanding when to use what
- Experience working across disciplines and teams to diagnose and resolve customer/system issues
- Production Kubernetes experience
- Production GraphQL experience
- Experience with creating and maintaining tests within a CI pipeline
- MongoDB, Neo4j, Postgres, Graphite, and/or Elasticsearch expertise
- Google Cloud (GKE, Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Build) expertise