Backend Software Engineer
Current is a New York-based FinTech that uniquely connects people and their money to friends, family, brands, and experiences. We are a bank for modern life that delivers money faster, gets people paid quicker, and provides tools to help manage spending, savings, and bills.
Our team is looking for engineers who are passionate and excited about extending and scaling our product and internal tools. Gain experience working with complex systems where your code and solutions impact hundreds of thousands of users. You will be an integral part of the daily operations and ongoing growth within the company, working throughout the stack and across
About the Stack
Current’s engineering team has applications running on Google Cloud, with Compute Engine and Kubernetes clusters hosting various parts of the system. We use a variety of databases, including MongoDB and Neo4j, with our core services written in Node.js. We are obsessed with tracking and analyzing our system activity in order to improve our product funnels and system performance, and we leverage Segment to aggregate many data sources into our BigQuery warehouse.
- Experience running production web applications with real users
- Experience writing and debugging Node.js code
- Experienced with cloud hosted services, like AWS or GCP
- Experience with more than one database, and understanding when to use what
- Experience working across disciplines and teams to diagnose and resolve customer/system issues
- Production Kubernetes experience
- Production GraphQL experience
- Experience with creating and maintaining tests within a CI pipeline
- MongoDB, Neo4j, Postgres, Graphite, and/or Elasticsearch expertise
- Google Cloud (GKE, Compute Engine, BigQuery, Cloud Build) expertise