We’re a 4-year-old company with a mission to zap zits and help everyone get skin that makes them happy.
Lab Aide will handle general maintenance tasks to support daily lab operations. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the efficient operation of the prescription compounding process by keeping the lab environment clean, organized and stocked. The Lab Aide works closely with Lab Compounding Specialists and Lab Aide Supervisor. Lab Aide reports directly to the Lab Aide Supervisor.
Curology is on a mission to get everyone clear, beautiful skin. With Curology, seeing a dermatologist isn't just easy, it's fun — consultations are 100% online, and each patient's prescription medication is custom-formulated for their skin and shipped directly to their door. Each patient is paired with their very own licensed Curology medical provider, and patient-provider communication is as easy as sending a text message. We tailor the entire Curology experience specifically for patients with acne and anti-aging concerns, allowing us to provide incredibly personalized and effective care at scale.
- Complies with all applicable federal regulations, including but not limited to: USP 800, USP 795.
- Set up IKA overhead mixing machines and AccuTek filling machine and generate the air compressor.
- Calibrates every scale prior to use and documents each calibration in accordance with SOPs.
- Calculates quantity of boxes of different items needed for the day and pulls them from the storage room based on the daily compounding schedule.
- Calculates quantity of labels needed for each preparation and generates the label roll for the day in the correct order based on the daily compounding schedule.
- Fills compounded cream product into bottles, caps and screws tight each finished bottle, and then puts them in the designated bins.
- Keeps filling processes efficient by performing different duties, as required, within the lab.
- Calculates how many bottles are generated for each preparation and documents it on the inventory system.
- Cleans and disinfects the entire lab including countertop surface, floors, shelves, biosafety cabinets, and used equipment and tools, etc. in accordance with SOPs.
- Documents every cleaning activity in accordance with SOPs.
- Protects self and employees by adhering strictly to SOPs.
- Disposes lab waste by adhering strictly to SOPs.
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment, standing and walking around as much as 90% of the day
- Must be available to work at least 40 hours per week including weekends and with a schedule of 8 hours between 6:30am - 3:30pm
- Must be able to handle physical work as needed; may need to lift as much as 40lb
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (including respirator)
- Travel requirements: <5%
- Limited exposure to potentially hazardous substances
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred Requirements:
- Working experience in a manufacturing lab or a pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Working knowledge of AccuTek SVF series or semi-automatic piston filling machine
Please note, this is a permanent non-exempt full-time position, subject to California Labor Laws.
Job Location: San Diego, CA