Sr. Product Copywriter
San Francisco, CA
Do you thrive on the challenge of expressing complex subjects in clear, compelling ways? Do you want to be part of a brand that’s a true innovator in its space? And do you think skincare and dermatology are usually a little, um, boring? Join the team at Curology! We have a revolutionary approach to prescribing custom acne creams that actually work, thanks to our in-house dermatologists and our outside-the-box creative team.
As a Senior Copywriter - Product Speciality, you’ll sit on both the copy and product teams. Most of your work will be for the product experience, but you’ll also spend a smaller portion of your time on marketing copy to understand the entire user flow. The ideal candidate understands creative and quantitative needs: how to brainstorm freely and loosely with the user in mind, as well as how to write copy that delivers strategic results.
Our in-house creative team likes to push the envelope, and we’re looking for an experienced candidate who understands that the job requires more than just words — it combines strategy, vision, collaboration, and execution.
- Hungry. There’s no job too big or small. You don’t wait to be pinged, but actively push important projects along.
- Conceptually gifted. In this senior position, your ideas should help guide not just the final copy but strategy, concept, and even visual execution.
- Strategic. You clearly express the intentions behind your ideas well before words hit the page.
- Collaborative. You’ll work side-by-side with designers, product managers, and more. You see feedback as an exciting opportunity to improve your ideas.
- Curious. You’re always looking at the latest creative trends. You draw inspiration from not just other skincare companies, but fashion, art, fitness, and more.
- Experienced. You have 3-5 years of experience working on product copy (specifically mobile copy). Your portfolio must include a few of the following: interaction flows, error messages, notifications, microcopy, tooltips.
- Write copy seen by millions of people.
- Work across channels. Though you have a speciality in product copy, you’ll also work in marketing copy across banner ads, emails, Snapchat ads, video, and social media–we believe it’s important for copywriters to flex the brand voice in all its forms.
- Be responsible for maintaining and checking brand voice consistency across your projects.
- Help guide more junior creatives by providing excellent, thoughtful insight and feedback.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions across many projects, not only your own.
- Create A/B tests alongside the product team, and work to understand creative results.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.