Consumer Insights Research Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are a lean and fast growing startup that is revolutionizing the skincare market by providing quality and truly customized skincare solutions that help our customers solve the unique challenges of their skin. We believe that every person should have access to affordable and effective skincare that will give them the confidence to live their best lives. At Curology we believe in being deeply empathetic of our customers’ journey which has lead unprecedented growth since the founding of the company.
We are looking for a Consumer Insights Research Manager to join the team and help us deepen our relationship with current and potential future customers by leveraging a combination of research techniques. In this role you will help us continuously improve every aspect of our customers’ journey by surfacing and digging deep into our target audience’s attitudes and preferences and bringing it to live by collaborating closely with key stakeholders in the company. Your work will help us develop a strong foundation to build a unique, lasting and iconic brand in the skincare industry.
What you'll do
- Be the voice of the customer: Build a deep understanding of our customer base & act as a champion for identifying and advocating for teams to build experiences that are anchored on our consumers’ needs and preferences
- Own the research agenda - Proactively identify research needs and drive the research agenda based on identified business priorities by working with key stakeholders
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research - Build a deep and nuanced understanding of our current and potential future customers by designing and implementing surveys, customer interviews and focus groups
- Be part of the most impactful decisions for Curology - Break through the noise of data and translate research into actionable insights and develop strategic recommendations
What we’re looking for
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative research studies and synthesizing findings
- Experience with or exposure to a range of quantitative and qualitative market research methods, including primary survey research techniques, concept-product testing, segmentation, and advertising research.
- Ability to feel deep empathy for our customers and translate it to the rest of the team
- Able to form insightful observations from various primary and secondary data and communicate clear, actionable business implications.
- Excellent communication skills, and can both gather needs and convey findings effectively to various business functions
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Willingness to do whatever is needed: we are a lean team
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, SPSS, Python or other analytical tools
- Familiarity and appreciation of the beauty or cosmetics industry and audience
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.