Data Scientist - Marketing
San Francisco, CA
- Clear skin can be life-changing, but it's not easy to see a dermatologist. At Curology, we provide custom-formulated skincare for each patient's skin shipped directly to their door. We tailor the entire Curology experience specifically for patients with acne and anti-aging concerns, allowing us to provide incredibly personalized, effective and affordable care at scale.
- Join this extremely fast-growing, data-driven company that’s dedicated to helping bring effective skincare to everyone. We’ve tripled our business over the last year and we aren’t planning to slow down anytime soon. We’re a tight-knit team in sunny Hayes Valley and we’re looking for somebody eager to use data to tackle critical business decisions around media buying, attribution, user LTV, and more.
- We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated data scientist who can identify actionable insights that drive marketing strategy and decisions. Potential projects include determining uplift from media spend, causal inference analysis of marketing effectiveness, creating instrumental marketing insights and reports, creating and productionizing machine learning models impacting budget decisions and more. The role requires someone who is highly proficient in SQL, R/Python, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity.
What you'll do
* Collaborate with the marketing team to identify opportunity areas, translate them into structured analysis, and generate actionable insights
* Build intuitive dashboards to empower other team members with actionable data
* Make conclusions from your analysis, present your results, and advocate for proposed next steps to key decision makers
* Be the go-to expert on SQL, Python, data visualization, test evaluation, and prediction
* Constantly look for improvements in tools, data sources, data quality, and analytic techniques
What we're looking for
* Passion for what we do!
* You are scary good with data. Mix shifts, sample bias, winner’s curse, lag effects, data sufficiency issues - these things are second nature to you.
* 2+ years of work experience in a role that required quantitative analysis, synthesizing insights, and using data to support strategic decisions
* Expertise in SQL, Python/R, understanding of statistics and experienced with data visualization tools
* Analytical mindset, with the ability to focus on a problem, ask insightful questions, reject presuppositions, and gain expertise quickly
* Understanding of web analytics, marketing analytics, digital marketing and economics
* Ability to effectively partner, collaborate, and communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues in various business functions at all levels
* Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
* Willingness to do whatever is needed: we are a lean team
* Experience at a high-growth startup is a plus
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.