San Francisco, CA
Do you thrive on the challenge of expressing complex ideas in clear, compelling ways? Do you want to be part of a brand that’s a true innovator in its space? And do you think skincare and dermatology are usually a little, um, boring? Join the team at Curology! We have a revolutionary approach to prescribing custom acne creams that actually work, thanks to our in-house dermatologists and our outside-the-box creative team.
As a Jr. Designer, you’ll straddle the creative and marketing teams. The ideal candidate understands both sides of the process: how to brainstorm concepts freely and loosely, as well as how to create designs that deliver results.
You are excited to roll up your sleeves and work in a dynamic, results-driven and high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of Curology customers. You’ll work with a team of art directors, writers, videographers and marketers to deliver work for multiple platforms and types of media. You are able to work within an existing design aesthetic, while understanding how to extend that design language to other applications.
You have a deep understanding of interactive design, especially with user consumption of content on social media and current news platforms. You have a deep passion for working across stakeholders and creative teams. The work you produce will foster community, spark dialogue and drive a deeper connection between the creative team and other teams in Curology. You want to be part of an exceptional team and have lots of fun delivering world-class work.
The Designer is part of the visual design team that works in collaboration with other creative teams and cross-functional partners, taking concepts from ideation to execution. You shape content from a design perspective, creating illustrations, pictograms, icons and information graphics, art directing and selecting photography. Responsibilities include brainstorming concepts, sketching wireframes, prototyping mockups, participating in design/project critiques, refining design directions and finalizing design details. You have experience working in an iterative process and professionally accepting art direction and feedback.
- 1+ years agency or in-house designer experience
- Deep understanding of typography for print, web, and mobile
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to multiple teams and senior leadership
- Demonstrates a user-empathy approach to design
- Self-starter who takes initiative and drives to solutions across teams
- Multi-tasker who works efficiently under pressure, maintaining focus on the details
- Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Bachelor’s degree required in a design-related discipline, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design.