Overview: The Investment Manager is primarily responsible for the direct, day-to-day implementation of investment strategies and policies to ensure Curative’s investments and portfolios earn the highest rate of return at strategically targeted risk levels by following National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) recommendations and/or existing state regulatory structures.
Location: Curative’s offices in Austin, Texas or Monrovia, California are where this position will be located. A hybrid schedule with some remote work may be considered.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains current knowledge about all financial products available in the market including bonds, stocks, investments, and trusts
- Collaborates on framing and recommending asset class strategies, including portfolio construction and strategies while managing downside risks – will need to take into account the overall strategy and constraints for each pool of capital
- Presents investment opportunities and related analysis while pitching proposed course of action in meetings with the Executive Team, including the CEO and CFO
- Has the ability to create and use detailed financial models to project future earnings and understand profit potential, and then uses this data to make informed decisions and proposals
- Develops relationships with banks, financial institutions, fund managers, and portfolio managers outside of Curative to help expand the Company’s network and capabilities in specific markets
This position requires a knowledge of investment management, financial planning and execution, data analytics and information technology skills. Budget development and execution is a requirement. Additionally, a keen interest in financial markets, portfolio development and management, and the ability to initiate a hands-on investment strategy to help manage Curative’s assets and investment portfolios. Interests and knowledge in the healthcare insurance industry is a plus. Experience managing investments for insurance company required.
The candidate must have a proven track record of successful leadership and strong interpersonal and management skills. This position works across all Finance and Accounting functions of Curative Inc. and reports to the Vice President of Finance and Accounting.
Educational Requirements & Professional Experience:
- Minimum 8+ years’ related experience in an investment management firm, outsourced CIO firm, large nonprofit (e.g. healthcare, endowment, foundation), corporate/public pension fund or family office, with substantial experience in evaluating external investment managers, including quantitative and qualitative analysis and experience drafting thoughtful and detailed investment recommendations
- Significant direct investment and due diligence experience in one or more specific asset classes with decision-making responsibility required
- Advanced skills in Excel and Google suite preferred
- B.A. in Finance, MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Experience managing investments for insurance company required.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Investment Management, Planning and Budget implementation experience
- Ability to work independently and with little to no oversight, and effectively with other team members and Senior Management
- Experience working in a cross functional environment with various departments including Accounting and Finance
- Proven experience as a Manager with the ability to lead a business through intentional growth
- Experience working within a start-up environment is a plus
- Strong analytical and technical skills with extensive knowledge of Excel, NetSuite, Google Sheets, and various financial platforms including but not limited to Thomson Reuters Eikon and Bloomberg terminals
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.
Curative does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page, any Curative employee(s) or any Curative location. Curative is not responsible for any third-party or recruiter fees related to unsolicited resumes.