We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Senior Scientist to join our team to lead lab operations in biomarker discovery, in a rapidly growing startup environment. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and has a proactive yet flexible approach to problem solving. You get things done quickly and efficiently, with a positive attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are accountable and reliable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead lab operations in biofluid sample prep, immunoassays and biomarker discovery
- Troubleshoot and improve existing workflows
- Maintain lab inventory, workspace and instrumentation
- Manage purchasing of reagents
- Maintain lab documentation and present as needed
- Work adhering to US regulatory and Quality System requirements (21 CFR 820, etc).
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- Hands on experience with biofluid sample processing in industry setting
- Hands on experience working with and developing immunoassays in industry setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects successfully
- PhD with experience in startup/industry
Highly Desired Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience with MS data interpretation
- Experience working with CROs
- Experience with proteomic databases
- Experience managing junior scientists
- Familiarity with development of diagnostics especially blood-based protein assays
Education and/or Experience
- PhD with 5+ years experience in industry
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend and reach; use hands to handle or feel; talk; and hear.
- The environment includes office and laboratory settings.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually: x Moderate
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.
Curative does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page, any Curative employee(s) or any Curative location. Curative is not responsible for any third-party or recruiter fees related to unsolicited resumes.