Position can be located in Monrovia, CA or Austin, TX
Director of Health Insurance Accounting
We are looking for a Director or Senior Manager that is looking to obtain accelerated learning and experience in a dynamic environment. You will work closely with and report to the Controller to oversee all aspects of the health insurance accounting. An effective professional in this position will have a solid knowledge of accounting processes and principles. You must be a highly organized professional able to motivate a team and improve processes. The goal is to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company compliant with all legislative standards and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
- Design processes and work with the rest of the accounting team to meet statutory accounting filing requirements
- Liaise with the external statutory audit firm and complete the statutory audit
- Manage the IBNR and other insurance related reserves and reinsurance matters
- Early identification of Medical and Administrative expense trends
- Work with the external actuarial firm as needed
- Complete medical loss ratio annual filing with CMS working closely with external statutory accounting consultants
- Select and implement the statutory filing and reporting program
- Seek areas to improve efficiency by improving workflow, setting up automation or better use of the existing accounting system
- Establish and maintain internal controls
- Implement Policies and procedures in the health insurance entities
- Proper identification and booking of medical expenses
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 10 or more years of healthcare insurance accounting experience
- Continuous improvement mind set
- Strong interpersonal skills
- VBA or similar software experience preferred
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Job is on site in Monrovia, CA or Austin, TX
- CPA preferred
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.