Facilities Manager Job Description
We're looking for a Facilities Manager to oversee and coordinate the workers and vendors who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems within our lab and warehouse facilities. You'll perform systems evaluations on facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed, create and manage a budget, and ensure operational efficiencies. You may also assist in the hiring and training of workers and arranging of their schedules and work activities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career in facilities management, as well as get experience with people management!
Responsibilities as the Facilities Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills (troubleshooting, data collection, experimental procedures) and data analysis techniques to solve problems and recommend facilities improvements.
- Support planning for new facilities projects construction, renovation, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Maintaining and operating all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs.
- Monitoring and supervising HVAC preventive maintenance contracts.
- Supporting and participating in facility projects during concept, design, and construction for renovations line relocation/removal and new construction.
- Complying with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Ensuring compliance to lease obligations and city, county, and state ordinances and codes.
- Supporting any after-hours building needs and activities as required.
- Acting as facilities representative on projects and serving as a liaison between
- Facilities and internal and external contacts as it pertains to Curative Inc.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors as required in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work extended periods of time walking, kneeling, crawling, and standing.
- Ability to climb ladders, work on elevated platforms, and in confined spaces is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Engineering OR 2 years of related experience.
- Experience working with multiple projects demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of customer and division management.
- Experience leading and working in a project team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records, and prepare clear and concise written reports.
- HVAC, electrical, and/or plumbing vocational or higher training is preferred.
- CMMS experience preferred,
- Problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.