We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and experienced senior leader to take on the role of Vice President for Molecular Diagnostics Development, on our Science R&D team. The individual filling this role will be responsible for leading the development of molecular assays, predominantly in the infectious diseases area and leading teams that support the current laboratory assays . The candidate will be responsible for the pipeline of novel molecular diagnostic assays from concept stage to validation and launch. This individual will report to the Executive Vice president of R&D and will work closely with other R&D teams, marketing, RA, QA and lab operations to bring new products to market as LDTs in Curative Inc laboratories.
• Lead R&D team to produce a pipeline of molecular assays comprising multiplex and panel tests incorporating NGS-sequencing if needed
• Provide guidance and technical expertise to assay development staff
• Manage completion of project deliverables and maintain timelines
• Supervise development and execution of protocols required for verification and validation procedures
• Work with reagent manufacturing to transfer assay production processes to lab operations
• Collaborate with commercial organization to identify, develop and support new diagnostic assays
• Collaborate with QA and RA to ensure necessary compliance with QMS and CLIA regulations
• Supervise required documentation including protocols, reports, risk analyses, batch records and other project documentation
Skills and Experience:
• MSc/PhD in Biology -related field with 7+ years of relevant work experience
• Proven track record in managing high-performing teams and successfully completing development projects
• Technical expertise in molecular diagnostics and assay development. Understanding and experience with NGS platforms
• Proven track record in the development of FDA cleared or approved assays. Knowledge and understanding of CLIA regulations for LDTs
• Experience in technology transfer and manufacturing procedures.
• Demonstrated excellence with data analyses
• Successful project management experience and demonstrated ability to achieve project timelines and milestones, familiarity with software and engineering product development practices
• Experience supporting commercial products including root-cause investigations, corrective actions, remedial action, troubleshooting, and reagent-system interactions a plus
• Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.