We are looking for a talented Insurance Billing/Claims Follow-Up Specialist to join the Revenue Cycle team. The Insurance Billing Specialist will provide support, problem solving and communication on all matters. This is a full-time on-site role (Monrovia HQ). You will report to the Manager of Revenue Cycle.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
● Responsible for working payer correspondence and aged account receivable
● Resolve payer rejections and denials through the appeals process as required by each payer
● Follow up with insurance companies regarding the status of outstanding claims and necessary steps for resolution
● Communicate payment and denial trends that impact revenue to leadership
● Ensure complete and accurate reimbursement for medical claims
● Provide customer service to patients through phone and email communications
● Compose correspondence including claim forms, appeals, and notifications to applicable parties.
● Assist with sorting through Revenue Cycle mail that comes to the office
● Complies with HIPPA and other compliance requirements to protect confidentiality
● Adhere to benchmarks and strive for continuous improvement on metrics such as touches to resolution, appeal resolution rate, and average work time per claim.
● Efficiently navigate several computer applications and document all actions taken in appropriate systems.
● 2-5+ years of high-volume insurance, denials and appeals, patient collections, or customer service experience preferred.
● Ability to perform at a high level of productivity and quality
● Experience with laboratory billing is a plus
● Experience with Quadax and Waystar is a plus
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Basic math skills to accurately interpret payment & adjustment transactions (must be able to read & understand an EOB)
● Proficiency with Google Workspace, is a plus
● Ability to work independently and be resourceful with the ability to multi-task
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Associate and/or bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration preferred
Location: Curative, 605 E Huntington Dr., Monrovia, CA 91016
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.