Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS):
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for specimen collection, processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant, or Laboratory Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratories established performance specifications.
- Follow all safety procedures and report concerns to the Supervisor or the anonymous reporting system.
- Ability to learn new techniques quickly in order to support other departments as requested for test development.
- Enthusiasm for understanding new techniques, and balance new techniques and learning with actual sample processing and testing duties.
- Ability to prioritize time well to focus primarily on patient testing
- Previous experience in a fast-paced high complexity lab
- Previous experience supervising non-licensed staff
- CLS license and/or ASCP certification
Location: Washington, DC
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative responded in March 2020 to the urgent need for COVID-19 testing, ultimately developing a network of thousands of testing sites across over 40 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories. As a result, Curative and its managed medical entities provided over 30 million COVID-19 tests and over 2 million COVID-19 vaccines.
Curative’s patient-facing services, healthcare facilities, integrated supply chain, and labs are part of a large platform we've built from the ground up that has allowed us to grow quickly and more efficiently than other healthcare companies. As a result, we were one of the first companies to respond to the pandemic providing COVID-19 testing at scale across the United States.
We are now implementing a new model of comprehensive healthcare delivery focused on the whole person's well-being: providing expanded healthcare and wellness services while also streamlining access to preventative care. We are setting out to change healthcare in the United States and fundamentally re-designing the way that patients interact with their healthcare and health insurance. By building a connected platform for managing the health of our patients, we believe that we can deliver a better healthcare experience at a lower cost and with better outcomes so that our patients can focus on getting and staying well. Our model delivers healthcare by investing in patient preventive health from the start, reducing the barriers to entry to traditionally complex care networks and eliminating the concern of unexpected medical bills. Curative will launch its first members-only healthcare offering in Austin, January 2023.