Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States,Today we operate in 21 states with 144 dispensaries and servicing nearly 2,200 wholesale partner accounts. We have 29 cultivation sites and over 6,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Laboratory Supervisor will supervise and optimize all the tasks in the Extraction and Purification Laboratory and will assist the Manufacturing team by maintaining quality control measures in the extraction and purification process and thereby ensuring the delivery of high-quality product. This Supervisor carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping for Extraction runs, Extraction using supercritical fluids, maintain paperwork using Good Documentation, and adhering to GMP standards. The Laboratory Supervisor will be a hands-on working supervisor responsible for extraction team training.
- Directly supervises the Extraction and Purification staff and accomplishes department results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- This position and all output metrics report directly to the Lab Manager. These reports will include all daily production metrics, establishing actual vs. expected production results with explanations of variances, staff absences and all associated production paperwork.
- Shows the capability to effectively communicate with management and co-workers on a professional basis. This will include all team leads, supervisors, and upper management.
- Preparing for efficient production by reviewing manufacturing schedule; studying and clarifying specifications; calculating requirements; assembling and weighing plant materials and supplies for extraction.
- Performing all training required for extraction team, including maintaining all required documentation.
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment; Processing concentrates and extracts.
- Cleaning and maintaining extraction equipment and laboratory facility following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
- Operating, maintaining, adjusting, trouble shooting, and repairing laboratory equipment such as extraction vessels, heating jackets, CO2 pumps, CO2 recycler, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment.
- Operating extraction equipment to harvest terpene extracts and cannabinoid-containing extracts utilizing both fresh frozen and CO2 processes.
- Operating highly sophisticated purification equipment to convert crude oil into decarboxylated oil.
- Following procedures for extract purification including ethanol addition, winterization, centrifugation, distillation, filtration, rotary evaporation, and decarboxylation.
- Assisting with the development of further purification processes and in-process materials, including processes for new products.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, equipment PM’s as required, and preparing requisitions as needed, maintaining inventory within state-issued cannabis inventory software.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of waste according to state guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, and filing.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Ensure processing operation is fully compliant with state regulations and federal and state law.
- Assure that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory and documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and batch records.
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with Super critical Extraction and Rotary Evaporation
- Able to perform metabolic analysis HPLC and GC instrumentation
- Able to process samples by collection, extraction, preparing for analysis, and quantifying results.
- Familiar use of a wide range of pipettes and knowing their volume capabilities
- Scientific laboratory procedures and techniques as used in a chemistry laboratory
- Scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Scientific methods of measurements
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory
- Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes
- Capabilities with computer systems, software, and hardware common to laboratories
- Record keeping procedures
- BS/BA Degree or greater in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry or similar with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a lab or manufacturing setting required
- QA/QC experience with HPLC and GC analysis highly preferred
- Scientific writing for processes, training, and procedures that require documentation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 1-year experience in the cannabis industry preferred
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize and should be worn.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.