Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Harvest Supervisor Job Description
The Harvest Supervisor is responsible for managing the harvest and post-harvest activity of cannabis products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring all harvests, weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility during the harvest and dry process
- Manage inventory of bulk harvested flower using Microsoft Excel, MJFreeway, etc.
- Responsible for the QC of plant material from Harvest to Dry to Cure
- Interview and train new associates; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; develop teams and team leads for results and retention
- Manage schedules of staff
- Responsible on all MJFreeway traceability and documentation
- Responsible for maintaining proper environmental conditions in dry and cure rooms to ensure the best quality for finished product
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to, state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Coach, mentor, train and direct staff to include issuing disciplinary action and addressing issues
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Produce appropriate weekly and monthly reports to leadership team
- Liaison with logistics, dispensary operations staff
- Take instructions and help on tasks delegated by the cultivation management team
- Work in a fast-pace environment where major changes are made quickly
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and two years of management experience is preferred and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required
- Ability to manage all areas related to harvesting, drying, and curing
- Ability to manage a team of employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Strong knowledge and comfort with basic computer and office equipment operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs like Excel, Word, Outlook
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honest
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize and should be worn.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.