Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Position Description: The Laboratory Technician will work within the Processing Laboratory Department and and will report to the Processing Supervisor. The Laboratory Technician will assist the Processing Supervisor by carrying out day-to-day tasks. These tasks include but are not limited to preparing reagents and materials for extraction, refinement and analysis, formulating products and intermediates, preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment and instruments, tracking and documenting data, packaging and labeling products, and cleaning, in accordance with the state of Vermont and standards set by Curaleaf. It is expected that you will learn and be able to perform all tasks within the laboratory area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle raw/in-process materials and prepare them for extraction, refinement, etc.
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain the supercritical CO2 extractor and other extraction and refinement equipment
- Formulate various products and intermediates including topicals, edibles, and concentrates
- Record data when it is generated using our batch record system and our inventory tracking platform, Biotrack
- Perform tasks in a manner that ensures compliance with VT regulations, OSHA regulations, CL SOP's, and any other relevant guidelines
- Ensure product is properly labeled in compliance with VT regulations and package products for distribution
- Receive instruction and assist with tasks delegated by laboratory management
- Perform all other assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all safety procedures to ensure the highest level of safety
- Clean and sanitize production equipment and tools including workspace, equipment, containers, and appliances
- Prepare samples and reagents for potency analysis
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain analytical instrumentation including, but not limited to, HPLC
- 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a national background check per state cannabis regulations
- Four-year degree (STEM field strongly preferred)
- Understanding of algebra and unit converions
- Understanding of metric system
- Adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with safe handling and proper disposal of solvents and hazardous waste
- Previous laboratory or manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directive
- Standing, bending, and lifting-up to 50 pounds, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment
- Have the ability to climb and work on raised platforms
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with fingers
- Exposure to dust, pollen, and other plant allergens
- Exposure to solvents and corrosives
- All jobs require daily use of provided PPE, such as masks, hair nets, beard covers, respirators, boot covers, scrubs, non-slip shoes, and Tyvek suits as necessary
- Exposure to loud noises, including but not limited to air compressors, pumps, other equipment, and alarms
- Exposure to CO2 manufacturing procedures at OSHA approved CO2 levels
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.