Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
The Security Officer works within Curaleaf’s Security Team and is responsible for ensuring company facilities, employees, patients and products are well secured in accordance with established procedures and policies. The Security Officer is responsible for conducting security checks, viewing security monitors, and reporting significant problems to authorities, state regulators and Company leaders assigned as first point of contact. The Security Officer will also complete scheduled security reports and assist company personnel with special needs as needed. The Security Officer reports to the Director of Security.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment
- Inspecting building, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Responsible for managing employee access cards by activating new key cards and deactivating key cards when employees terminate from the company; setting proper access controls based on employee’s role
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure security equipment is functioning properly and is regularly maintained, following manufacturer’s instructions
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery as needed to ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering; troubleshoots malfunctions, calling for repairs as needed; evaluates new equipment and techniques
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, vendors and other persons, asking for appropriate documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious people and guard against theft and maintaining security of premises
- Investigates and reports disturbances, hazards, and suspicious activities to local police for correction actions
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as security / surveillance equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences in a timely and accurate manner and within established protocols and guidelines
- Ensures reports, records and other documentation is accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintains company’s stability and reputation by complying with local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Receives necessary information from onsite dispensary security guard pertaining to events that transpired during the shift
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two years prior experience as a safety or security professional, law enforcement or military experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible FT/PT work schedule
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively
- Formal training in non-violent communication, conflict de-escalation and/or assertiveness
- Proven surveillance skills, attentive to detail
- Proactive in auditing security issues on a daily basis
- Knowledge of security equipment and devices and the operation thereof
- Demonstrated ability to implement security and safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, patients and the public
- Assist in bank drops
- Training and certification in First Aid, and CPR preferred
- • Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.