Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
We are looking for a Senior Database Engineer/Developer to join our small but growing team of analytics experts. The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our databases and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data developer and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, and data analysts on data initiatives. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even helping re-design our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. As the senior engineer on the team, the candidate must be comfortable and capable skill-wise in mentoring more junior-level engineers on the team.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture in Azure using Data Factories and Data Bricks, Azure cloud offerings and Snowflake
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
- Automate manual processes, optimize data delivery pipelines, and design infrastructure for scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Build robust process monitoring for Data Pipelines
- Rebuild processes written by other developers with minimal documentation
- Keep our data separated and secure
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with datasets
- Some Experience with Snowflake is preferred
- Experience with Azure cloud offerings, including SQL, pipelines, data factories, data bricks, key vaults, workflows, and environment parameterization
- Experience with scripting languages, Python preferred
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of PII and other regulations (HIPAA, CCPA, etc.) nice to have
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- Seven (7+) years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field, or who has equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL database application development
- 4+ years of experience with Azure pipelines, Data Bricks and/or SSRS
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to optimize queries and troubleshoot errors
- Experience in Agile software development process
- Experience with Microsoft Development tools (Visual Studio, .NET Framework)
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.