Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 108 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Curaleaf’s Research and Development group is leading the cutting edge for product and process development. The cannabis industry is still in its infancy, so becoming a part of this team is quite literally becoming a part of history in the making. This position is designed for a highly motivated individual who is willing to take on the role of a significant individual technical contributor within the Process Development group of one of the largest cannabis companies in the world.
- Contribute to technical advancement in cannabis processing
- Adhere to project timelines
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment including, but not limited to: distillation equipment (short path and wiped film), extractors (CO2, ethanol, other), freeze dryers, pumps, filters, regulators, detectors, chillers
- Initiate research into established literature and peer-reviewed journals for new techniques, chemistry, and technical advancements that would be applicable to cannabis processing
- Maintain rigorous laboratory notes to ensure appropriate discoveries and experiments are being tracked and recorded accordingly
- Assist in building experimental designs for new project initiatives
- Assist other engineers within Process Development to ensure goals are being met accordingly
- Install and test plumbing for related extraction equipment
- Travel to off-site R&D facilities to assist in projects as requested
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with laboratory technology – specific to cannabis processing
- Ability to seek and comprehend peer-reviewed scientific literature
- Ability to work with a wide array of mechanical equipment (plumbing/electrical, pressure/vacuum/flow, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- People and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with deadlines
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work with a high level of independence
- Work with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, or similar
- 2-4 years experience in cannabis processing
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.