Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator with a dominant presence on both the East and West coasts of the United States, the largest cannabis market in the world. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, Curaleaf and Select, provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Strategically positioned in highly populated, limited-license states, the company currently operates in 14 states with 53 dispensaries, 15 cultivation sites, and 24 processing sites. Following the Select closing, Curaleaf will employ over 2,200 people across the United States.
The Security Supervisor works within the Security Team and is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the security operations throughout the dispensary. Also, ensuring company facilities, employees, patients, customers and products are well secured in accordance with established procedures and policies.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for conducting security checks, viewing security monitors, and reporting significant problems to authorities, state regulators and Curaleaf leaders assigned as first point of contact. The Security Supervisor will also complete scheduled security reports and assist company personnel with special requests as needed. The Security Supervisor reports to the Director of Security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment
- Inspecting building, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Responsible for managing employee access cards by activating new key cards and deactivating key cards when employees terminate from the company; setting proper access controls based on employee’s role.
- Responsible for managing 3rd party security personnel.
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure security equipment is functioning properly and is regularly maintained, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment and machinery as needed to ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering; troubleshoots malfunctions, calling for repairs as needed; evaluates new equipment and techniques.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, vendors and other persons, asking for appropriate documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious people and guard against theft and maintaining security of premises.
- Investigates and reports disturbances, hazards, and suspicious activities to local police for correction actions.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as security / surveillance equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences in a timely and accurate manner and within established protocols and guidelines.
- Ensures reports, records and other documentation is accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains company’s stability and reputation by complying with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Receives necessary information from onsite dispensary security guard pertaining to events that transpired during the shift.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 3+ years prior experience as a safety or security professional, law enforcement or military experience preferred.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiate and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks as directed by the Security Manager
- Ability to Manage all Curaleaf Security Operations in the absence of the Security Manager and Director of Support Services.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations, calmly and efficiently.
- Being analytical with strong problem-solving skills. Ability to conduct internal investigations
- Must be able to frequently prepare and review written reports and evidence as requested.
- Must be able to develop and implement all operating procedures and instructions.
- Must display and enforce exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Formal training in non-violent communication, conflict de-escalation and/or assertiveness.
- Proven surveillance skills, attentive to detail.
- Proactive in auditing security issues on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of security equipment and devices and the operation thereof.
- Demonstrated ability to implement security and safety procedures.
- Training and certification in First Aid, and CPR preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer