Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 50 dispensaries, 13 cultivation sites and 12 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
The IPM Technician is versed in proper application methodology including calibration, application procedures and insect, arachnid and vertebrate identification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains the biological control program and technical protocols for the Curaleaf growing facility, in conjunction with Curaleaf Growers and the Director of Cultivation.
• Identifies insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
• Measures area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates chemical requirements to address specific pest issues.
• Operates, maintains and repairs equipment.
• Coordinates scheduling of work orders with the Cultivation Manager
• Stays current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture.
• Ensures timely submission of all required records.
• Daily monitoring and scouting of pest and disease
• Supervision of IPM protocols of pest and disease management
• Compiling IPM and conventional reports for management review
• Monitoring efficiencies of control measures used
• Verification of pest and disease infestation trends
• Facilitating small scale trials/tests on new, allowable commercial products to determine efficacy and effects prior to applying to entire crop
• Maintaining up-to-date records for State regulations to detail harvest numbers, crop layout, pesticide log and any other IPM products used
• Planning, organizing, training and assigning scouting and other IPM duties as required
• Provides technical IPM support to the Director of Cultivation through regular meetings and updates
• Provides accurate IPM product forecasts by coordinating with the Beneficial Insect sales representative
• When IPM tasks are complete, or if cultivation tasks take precedence, transition to assisting cultivation with their duties as directed by the (assistant) grower
• Must obtain state applicator license
• Fully trained as a cultivator
• Ability to train cultivation staff in pest and disease recognition
• Responsible for independently managing the grow in a rotational schedule on weekends
• Additional duties as assigned by management
• Other duties as required or needed to assist company in meeting goals
Job Qualification Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent - preferably have a degree in Horticulture, Plant Science or related field
• 1-2 years experience in a similar role
• You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Internal Applicants – must be in current role for 6 months or more for consideration
• Must not have been convicted of any felony offenses pursuant to state statutes
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Regular attendance and punctuality
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize
Please do not contact the facility directly about this posting.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer