Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator with a dominant presence on both the East and West coasts of the United States, the largest cannabis market in the world. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, Curaleaf and Select, provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Strategically positioned in highly populated, limited-license states, the company currently operates in 14 states with 53 dispensaries, 15 cultivation sites, and 24 processing sites. Following the Select closing, Curaleaf will employ over 2,200 people across the United States.
Responsible for equipment and surrounding processes used for the production, refinement, packaging and labeling of cannabis product. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure that equipment is properly maintained, and preventative maintenance programs are in place in order to keep equipment operating at peak efficiency. This position will work closely with the Packaging/Processing Supervisors to develop workflow, help train staff on the safe and proper use of equipment, design and execute experiments to determine optimal equipment settings and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the operation, maintenance and calibration of equipment.
Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the inspection, assembly, repair and programming of equipment
- Analyze root causes of equipment failures and recommend corrective actions
- Work with Quality Assurance to perform and document IQ/OQ/PQ of new equipment
- Design and execute, equipment optimization studies to establish ideal settings, cycle times to measure and improve OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency).
- Research new equipment, design room layouts and create efficient work flow processes
- Collect and analyze data
- Develop cost reduction initiatives by effective utilization of materials and resources.
- Inspect equipment and processes for flaws and identify areas for improvement
- Create, modify and testing of new equipment and processes
- Select, design, modify and develop the machinery used for filling and packaging operations
- Design efficient processes and work flows for filling and packaging operations
- Plan and direct activities concerned with design and development of packaging containers: Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container.
- Consults with marketing, purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of using proposed packaging
- Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, samples, and written analyses of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval
- Adhere to company policies and safety regulations
- Develop and maintain an inventory system for equipment, tools and critical replacement parts
- Develop, execute and document preventative maintenance and calibration programs for equipment.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment including cleaning and lubricating to minimize equipment downtime
- Write SOPs for the proper Operation, Maintenance and Calibration of equipment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses Personal protective equipment (PPE) to safely operate manufacturing equipment, use chemicals, and other materials.
Analytical – ability to work with a complex set of variables, collect, organize, analyze and present data. Understand data trends and graphs for the purpose of making data driven decisions.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy, completeness and thoroughness in work performed and all associated documentation. Follows cGMP guidelines and works with the management team to improve and promote quality. Must be detail oriented.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Truthful and honest; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to additional hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person when production plans are in danger of not being met.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Accountable to self and others; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and/or negative situations; Listens and seeks clarification when instructions are not understood; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities for self and others; Uses time efficiently; Sets personal and team workplace goals and objectives; Organizes work area to be efficient; Develops and adapts to alternative work plans as the situation dictates.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses as well as the strengths and weaknesses of others; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (listed above) satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Experience:
B.S. in Engineering or related field, (Masters a plus), 5+ years of applicable experience working in filling, manufacturing and packaging pharmaceutical or food products under cGMP conditions
5 Years Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience. Certified Green Belt preferred (Black Belt a plus)
Level 2 background check required.
Must be 21or over.
Ability to read and understand technical procedures, standard operating procedures and work instructions. Ability to accurately record information, metrics and data in a standardized format. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from coworkers, management and regulatory agencies.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as algebra, calculus and quadratic equations in the workplace. Ability to solve for multiple variables using multiple data sets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of excel and be proficient in Microsoft office. Ability to use Minitab is a plus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret and execute a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to:
- stand or be on their feet for long periods of time (10 hours)
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Possess clear close vision to be able to read gages, instrument panels and computer screens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to hot temperatures fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Personal Protective equipment such as lab coat, gloves, safety glasses and hair nets must always be worn. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The lighting in the work setting is bright.