Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
The Packaging Associate will work within the Lab and the Trimming & Packaging Department(s). Packagers are responsible for putting together all of the boxes and/or containers for all items. Must stack and pile goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing goods in them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packaging of medical Cannabis products
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to improve and promote quality
- Work in a quick and efficient manner and strives to consistently increase productivity
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the trimming room while performing all duties
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the processing area
- Responsible for Quality Control and maintenance of all packaging equipment.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Take instructions well and help on tasks delegated by Management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper oversight of trimming & packaging area.
- Strong knowledge & comfort with basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honest
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Curaleaf is an Equal Employment Employer