Trimming & Packaging Associate
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
The Trimming & Packaging team is responsible for managing the preparation of cannabis products for distribution. The main responsibilities of the Trimming & Packaging team include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the trimming and processing area
- Aid in the oversight of inventory of bulk and prepackaged products. Set up appropriate inventory levels, ensure proper quantity of packages/products to meet production requirements.
- Making sure all labeling and recording of inventory data into inventory tracking system is done in compliance with State and Company regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for Quality Control and maintenance of all trimming and packaging equipment.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Produce appropriate weekly and monthly reports to Management.
- Take instructions well and help on tasks delegated by Management.
- Work in a fast-pace environment where major changes are made quickly
Other areas of responsibility may include the following lab packaging duties:
- Measuring, packaging and labeling products correctly and as directed
- Ensure that all functions are performed to the highest standard of quality and compliance
- Full understanding on how to operate and clean oil filling machines
- Ability to keep accurate counts
- Ensure all paperwork and Electronic Batch Records are accurately completed
- Proper breakdown and cleanup of all areas
- Utilize Management for needed guidance and support
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Experience with digital inventory management systems and product movement.
- Willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper oversight of trimming & packaging area.
- Strong knowledge & comfort with basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
Absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer