Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia, New Zealand or Pacific Coast USA (AEST-friendly timezones) . This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
How you can help make a better world of work
Our mission is to create a better world of work. We’re doing that by amplifying the experience and the impact of over 100 million people at work. To achieve this, our product vision rests on a few of key ideas that form the purpose for this role:
- That our platform is the trusted source on what works to deliver a better employee experience based on insights from our unique and unparalleled data set and research
- That our platform allows both managers and employees to co-create the employee experience
- That our employee experience platform is stronger when connected than as a series of separate products; and
- That to really help workplaces be better, change must come from every person within, like a grassroots movement of better behaviour, and better culture.
The Senior Director of Design for Connected Core is key to bringing this mission to life. This portfolio includes our Engage, Amplify, Connect & Scale and Data Intelligence Camps, who support people to improve workplaces around the globe by handling the experiences and data offerings that measure, power and connect our products together as a platform, and provide engaging user experiences to support people to improve workplaces around the globe.
As Senior Director of Design, you’ll have a unique opportunity to impact how our users - HR, managers, and individual employees experience the Culture Amp magic.
Working alongside the VP of Product and VP of Engineering for this portfolio, you’ll be a change maker who contributes to the vision and strategy of how Connected Core creates an experience that results in high engagement with Culture Amp’s platform and drives meaningful behaviour change in the world of work.
You’ll ensure the user experience is usable, accessible and cohesive, that it drives company growth and accelerates our company mission. To do this you’ll work cross-functionally with peers in your Camp and beyond to guide the vision, clear the way for collaboration and execution and ensure valuable experiences are being shipped in regular increments. You will define quality standards and coach the team to deliver to the standard and velocity expected in a world-class product org. You’ll have a deep understanding of our customer’s needs, building up a body of knowledge to inform strategy. You’ll flag emerging opportunities in the domain and identify how to best redistribute our investment to be more effective.
As a people mentor and coach, you’ll guide a team of Design Directors - supporting their decisions, honing their craft, and guiding their own development and progression.
What you’ll spend time doing
- You’ll collaborate with top notch Product Managers, Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and People Scientists to create compelling experiences to delight customers and create better workplaces
- You’ll work with your leadership peers to support and evolve our shared vision for the product offering and how it drives connections in the platform. Alongside Product and Engineering VPs you will:
- Drive the strategy, planning and execution of our flagship product, Engagement.
- Set and execute a strategy to impact the world of work for 100m people via the Amplify product suite including 1-on-1s, Goals, and Continuous Feedback; and other key horizontal user-connection and upsell points including home, dossier, guidance, sales demo, and flow of work.
- Drive the strategy, planning and execution of our Data products, including current (e.g. Benchmarks) and new growth opportunities leveraging the smarts of our Data Science, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning teams
- Ensure that valuable experiences are being shipped regularly, meeting the quality standard and are progressing us towards the platform vision
- Mentor senior design leaders and through them, product designers to maximise their impact, success and growth at Culture Amp.
- Help define improvements in how we bring products to market.
What you bring to Connected Core
- About 15 years on the clock in design roles, and 5 or more as a people leader.
- A toolkit to draw on for deeply understanding problems and defining solutions, such as HCD, product and service design, and design-thinking, to define and create value.
- Time in the trenches and well-formed opinions about the tools, processes and ways of working that help teams to be set up to build great software products
- Diversity of product experiences, preferably from fast-growth B2B and or B2C SaaS or HR Tech companies during the scale-up phase
- Proven ability to build, coach and motivate high performing teams
- Change-oriented mindset, where you have demonstrated experiences of elevating teams to achieve materially more impactful outcomes for customers
- Empathy-driven people leadership skills, including to lead multiple teams of teams, and managing senior design leaders
- Strong communication skills and experience engaging and collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including strategic customers and executive teams.
- An excellent eye for talent and a track record of growing and elevating design practices.
- A fascination (and preferably domain experience) with the world of people and culture, particularly what it takes to develop people and create high-performance teams.
What We Offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by. You can read more about these at www.cultureamp.com. Take a read and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism at www.cultureamp.com
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.