Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
How you can help make a better world of work
This is a unique opportunity where the things you create will have a genuine, positive impact on employees globally. The Accessibility Design Lead is a critical internal role with the remit of creating a platform that truly improves the world of work for everyone. You’ll work in our Foundations Camp, as part of the design system team (see https://cultureamp.design/) to design world-class accessible digital products. You will also collaborate with teams across our Product Group; such as designers, researchers, engineers, people scientists and product managers, to define what a truly inclusive and accessible experience on our platform should be, and you will have the opportunity to connect with customers at all stages of their employee experience journey.
Here, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with the camp leadership, team leads, product managers and fellow designers to understand and prioritise our customer needs and problems with respect to accessibility
- Define success criteria and measurement, and report progress across the team and business
- Participate and lead in the design, observation, and analysis of user research
- Design and test components and features in our design system
- Define a design approach that ensures the design and development of world-class accessible digital products in each phase of the product lifecycle
- Contribute to internal policies related to inclusion and accessibility in order to ensure consistent application of the standards across all digital experiences
- Work with our Accessibility Engineering Lead to coordinate internal and external accessibility audits and communicate strategic insights and response action plans to product teams and business stakeholders
- Partner with product managers and product delivery groups to influence product backlogs to prioritise inclusion and accessibility improvements in our camps
- Provide high-quality, accurate and timely advice about user behaviour, digital inclusion, accessibility and assistive technologies to stakeholders across the organisation
- Advise and coach fellow designers and product teams on how they can bring our commitments to accessibility and equity to life within their work
We’re not sticklers for credentials and prioritize experience and impact, so we’d encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements.
We believe that successful candidates will likely have:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes
- Comfort with working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members
- Advanced ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes
- Working knowledge of prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience conducting user research & testing activities
- Deep subject matter expertise on inclusive and accessible design and development
- Understanding of WCAG guidelines, including how they are commonly interpreted and applied, as well as the shortcomings and limitations of this standard
- 3+ years as an accessibility specialist working in a multi-disciplinary environment delivering high-quality and wide-ranging accessibility-related outputs, ideally within a product or high-growth SaaS organisation
- Knowledge of and proficiency with common assistive technologies such as screen magnifiers, speech-to-text applications, screen readers, and operating system accessibility features and accessibility-related utilities
- Understanding or lived experience of how people with disability use digital platforms and the functional impact of impairments, injury, and health conditions on accessibility
It may be helpful to have experience with the following:
- Be a thought leader, coach and speaker on the topic of inclusion and accessibility
- A degree in Interaction Design, HCI or equivalent experience designing and shipping accessible software
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!