Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp’s Product Group is structured into groups (Camps) of roughly 30 to 60 Campers. We typically align our camps with customer products within our employee experience platform. With exciting global growth plans for expanding our product’s value to customers, we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Engineering to help build on our flagship Employee Engagement Survey product from within our largest engineering group - Engagement Camp.
As the Engineering Director within a cross-functional camp leadership team, you will be accountable for all aspects of the engagement and growth of our talented engineers, delivery of the product/engineering roadmap, and the stability and quality of that camp’s production assets. Each product will have its own unique specialisations, but also needs to function seamlessly within our unified platform, and to connect-the-dots with our other products. You will be an important conduit for ensuring your camp engineers work in collaboration with the wider engineering organisation.
- Have 3 key allies in your design, delivery and product peers. Together you’ll share accountability for the customer outcomes of this group of products overall, ensuring that the work is appropriately estimated, viable and coherent
- Be accountable for all technical decisions made within your camp, and how they align to and support our overall product and tech vision, and that we are continuously improving
- Share, collaborate deeply across camp-level technical road-maps and strategies with senior engineering leads and practice leads beyond your camp. Promote the sharing of technical decisions and knowledge.
- In collaboration with our Talent Acquisition team, identify and hire to address the technical gaps within your camp and ensure that we are building diverse teams.
- Directly mentor the most senior engineers within your camp, and ensure that all engineers have appropriate mentorship. Find opportunities for Campers to grow and expand their skills - both within and beyond your camp - as appropriate.
- Experience with fast growth tech companies and growing engineering teams during the “scale up” phase, leading engineer teams of more than 20 engineers.
- Supportive and empathetic leader with experience leading multiple teams, as well as managing individual tech leads.
- A naturally inspiring communicator, both in one-to-one situations as well as one-to-many.
- Ability to understand engineering teams below the surface, by asking the right questions, and recognising issues.
- A remarkable eye for talent, and a track record of growing and developing great leaders.
- A strategic thinker. You are someone who understands that we play the long game, and that meaningful progress takes time to achieve.
- A passionate and dedicated coach. You recognise that the key to success is to work through others, supporting and enabling leaders.
- An inspiring leader. You are motivated by nurturing an environment where your team can realise meaningful business impact, and pursue rewarding, successful careers.
- Accountable. You set clear goals and expectations for yourself and others, and collaborate with a team to ensure we are best positioned to achieve them.
We want you to thrive both in and out of work, so our off to you includes...
- Fully remote working options from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- Flexible working schedule to fit in with other commitments
- Active career growth and development support
- Home office budget for remote working
- Highly inclusive workplace with a keen focus on employee well-being
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme
- Comprehensive remuneration package, including share options - making you an owner so you can share in Culture Amp’s success
- A job where you are making a positive difference to millions of people’s lives!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for ‘company results’, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike the of majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. If this applies to you - we strongly encourage you to apply 😊