Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
*We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
About the role
You’ll be joining a team working on our marketing web properties to conceptualise, deliver and maintain web and digital solutions which enable Culture Amp to engage, support and communicate with its global audiences.
The core application our team is responsible for is Culture Amp’s marketing website, a custom Ruby (Hanami 2) application, built using Tailwind CSS, Typescript and Playwright end-to-end testing, hosted on AWS.
As an engineer in our team you can expect to:
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems across our codebases and tech stack as you build, iterate and maintain our marketing web properties
- Work cross-functionally with a talented team of engineers, designers and marketing professionals to develop, refine and implement innovative and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with other engineers in our team through pair programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build shared understanding of your work
- Maintain and support the properties our team is responsible for. Ensure our dependencies and codebases are up-to-date, compliant, performant and accessible
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in building web-based software applications. You understand fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintenance
- You are conscious of web accessibility, performance and discoverability. You think about your work and its impact on users and their experience
- Your code is covered by integration and unit tests. You understand the value of test-driven development and know how and when to add tests
- You are familiar with integrating third party marketing services and ensuring website performance, compliance and accessibility are not compromised
- Your process involves documenting your work. You write code that is consistent, maintainable, and understood by your teammates
- You are a proactive and clear communicator. You value empathy and kindness and are able to articulate your ideas and feelings when writing or speaking, and are open to the perspectives others bring
- You seek to understand and solve problems, have a growth mindset and a willingness to embrace challenges
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required
- You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice
Please keep reading..
It’s not expected that any single candidate would check every box here — what’s important is that you arrive with a strong set of fundamentals, and that you’re committed to building the skills you’ll need to do great work.
Research shows us that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested. We’d love to learn how your unique experience will improve our teams and widen our perspective.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Resources and flexible budgets for coaching, well-being, and to support your growth
- Fun and inclusive digital and in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.