We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
You will be joining a team that owns the architecture and strategy to rapidly scale the way we bring employee data into our platform. This role is a key part of enabling us to scale from helping improve the world of work for 25 million to 100 million people.
Working alongside a team of experienced and talented engineers you will shape the future of how we ingest and deliver employee data from 3rd parties to the rest of the Culture Amp platform. This requires careful consideration to be able to scale to the high ingestion demands of our customers, while keeping maintenance and support issues to a minimum.
As part of the Platform Camp, you will have the support of a group of experienced technical leaders and engineers who are already leveraging areas such as serverless, event sourcing and distributed event-driven microservices to evolve our overall technical architecture.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You will working in a collaborative team, learning from others, as well as sharing your knowledge with them as well.
We have a mid level opening for an engineer to join our team. This role could be for you if you have;
- Solid programming fundamentals
- Experience in using multiple languages (previous experience with Go, Ruby, Type Script is preferred but not mandatory)
- AWS or other cloud environment experience - particularly around serverless technologies
- Experience or an interest in learning to work with 3rd party APIs
- Experience or an interest in learning to work in a complex distributed environment
- A growth mindset and willingness to embrace challenges
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.