Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
The opportunity at Culture Amp
We’re looking for a (technically-leaning) Senior Delivery Lead for our newly forming Back End Foundations team. If you love growing teams, are motivated by enabling engineers through their developer experience, and bring your own experience building back end systems, then this opportunity is for you!
As Back End Foundations’ Delivery Lead, you’ll be accountable for ensuring the team has everything it needs to effectively and sustainably deliver on its mission, and will play an instrumental role in facilitating the team’s decisions. You’ll be responsible for enabling the team through creating an environment that supports wellbeing, psychological safety, collaboration, and growth.
Working in a Foundations team, you’ll have the chance to evolve our operating model for enabling the engineers in our customer-facing teams to build our products more effectively. You’ll also collaborate with your peers in our delivery practice to mature Culture Amp’s overall delivery model. We’re looking for a change agent here, someone who cares about building better ways of work at scale.
If you’re passionate about all things delivery, and its intersection with engineering, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
A day in your life as Senior Delivery Lead, the good, the bad, the ambiguous
- Onboard new Campers into your growing team.
- Ensure your team has goals that are aligned to broader Camp goals and connected to customer impact.
- Ensure your team has a system of work and rituals in place to support their work and create a working environment that helps them be effective.
- Take accountability for how your team scales, and re-organize to meet changing organizational needs – Culture Amp is still growing fast!
- Work with peers and stakeholders to raise issues and share progress, and collaborate closely with your teammates in the process.
- Remove blockers for your team.
- Ensure your team and its people are aligned and working together on the right things.
- Provide context to your team for decisions made outside its scope.
- Play a key role in ensuring we understand what people and roles will be needed to succeed in meeting our goals as we scale.
- Ensure the necessary processes are in place to provide support for the team’s assets.
- Mentor the members of your team, providing them with the support, feedback, growth opportunities, and recognition required to grow in their roles at Culture Amp.
- Work with your peers to mature the end-to-end delivery process at Culture Amp.
What you bring to the team
- Several years experience in a Delivery Lead (or Engineering Management) capacity
- Prior experience building back end systems. This is a deeply technical team, and your focus will be enabling other engineers, so a fluency in technical topics will be vital.
- Experience from “walking the walk” of change management at scale
- Systems of work tools and techniques to help us scale our operating model for enablement teams
- Passion for creating an environment that helps people thrive
- Enthusiasm to challenge our thinking and make us better
The Product Group at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice made of cross-functional, agile, and remote-friendly teams, all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented individuals, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.