Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
How you can help make a better world of work
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our newly spun up Data Services team. If you are experienced in driving technical change and excited by building tools and establishing patterns that amplify other engineers, then we'd love to speak with you. As part of this team, you will play an instrumental part in establishing a new phase of Culture Amp's distributed architecture by making it easy for internal teams and different products to share data, thereby upholding our mission to positively affect the lives of a hundred million people at work.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Write clean, scalable, testable code to enable data sharing between services, using technologies such as Kafka
- Share knowledge from your team with other engineers via documentation, blogpost, brown bags etc.
- Collaborate with other product teams to help them publish/consume data.
- Coach other developers in the team.
- Experience with either Ruby, Go, Java or Kotlin programming fundamentals
- Experience with or knowledge of distributed systems and/or Kafka, and event sourcing
- Data modeling skills
- A growth mindset - you’re keen to learn from those around you and want to share your knowledge as well.
- Collaboration - our teams are cross functional and you’ll be working with other engineers, delivery leads and product managers to deliver great outcomes together.
- Experience/knowledge of AWS
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience! We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world.
We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.