Culture Amp is a remote-first company and this position may be based anywhere within Australia or New Zealand. The role can be fully remote, or a mix of in-person if you’re based near our Melbourne office.
About the role
We are looking for a senior Product Manager to work with us on evolving our survey data reporting experience. You will be supported to build a product team that can own this key domain and build on our past success, in collaboration with People Scientists and the Data Intelligence camp.
As a senior PM, you will:
- Use observation, data, user research and competitor analysis to develop reliable intuition about the problems our customers need us to solve for them
- Share your knowledge with your team and ensure that they are active participants in imagining, defining and delivering these solutions
- Continuously assess our competitive position in the survey results reporting/analytics market, and own a long-term portfolio of product changes that will bring (and keep) us at the top of this market
- Share clear opinions about the future of feedback in the world of work that could inform Culture Amp’s long-term product strategy
In addition to the usual PM stuff, some attributes that we’d rate particularly favourably, and would love you to highlight in your application:
- Experience working on products that visualize complex data in easy-to-understand ways
- Aptitude for simplifying complex concepts
Product Managers at Culture Amp are curious, autonomous and analytical. They are expected to work across our business to understand our customers’ needs and hunt out the most compelling opportunities to improve and differentiate our product in the market.
Even if you’re not totally confident doing all these things yet, you should feel excited about:
- Writing, drawing and talking well enough to get a point across, with empathy for the needs of your particular audience, whether it’s your team, the Product Management practice, our customers, the product group or the company at large.
- Interpreting qualitative and quantitative data, and forming, validating and disproving hypotheses
- Evaluating ideas, proposals and solutions critically. Making the ideas of others stronger with your input.
- Developing strong relationships with our customers, and building great relationships with people across our business.
- Making confident, fast decisions with imperfect information
- Prioritising with specific, concrete goals in mind. (Saying 'no'. Saying 'yes'.)
- Defining your own concrete, measurable goals in the absence of given goals
- Breaking big goals down into small, solvable pieces, and being able to reliably select and deliver the pieces that have disproportionately high value
- Researching and understanding the markets in which our product operates
Research shows us that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. While we have a strong bias for candidates who can do many or most of these things well already, we strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested. We’d love to learn how your unique experience will improve our teams and widen our perspective.
We expect that most of our candidates will have experience in a software product development environment. Above all, we want to hire PMs who we believe will help Culture Amp grow, and help our customers achieve their goals.
Supporting you at work
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A new computer and budgets for setting you up to work where and how you want
- A stake in the company’s success through our employee share options program
- Flexible working hours and arrangements so you can create a schedule that suits you
- Generous parental leave allowances and at-work support programs for both primary and secondary carers
- Resources and flexible budgets for coaching, well-being, and to support your growth
Culture Amp helps thousands of organizations across the world create a better world of work for their employees. We empower companies of all sizes and industries to understand and improve employee engagement, develop and grow high performing teams and individuals, and to retain talent. Many of the most innovative companies across the globe — Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce — depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp believes that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world inside and outside of work. View our current commitments to anti-racism →