Who we are
What do Slack, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over 4000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
We are a remote-friendly organisation with offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people and culture platform.
Culture Amp is looking for Site Reliability Engineers. We are 100% cloud based and are not afraid of pushing boundaries and experimenting with new technologies. As early adopters of CDK we have been recognised as one of the leading groups in the space, if you want to learn more about our journey be sure to watch our talk from AWS Summit.
If you’re excited by growing your skills and empowering engineers to create reliable software that will scale to millions of users then we’d love to speak with you.
Your role at Culture Amp
In this role you will work alongside other site reliability engineers to develop our in-house tooling, reduce toil and help get software to production faster, more reliably and more securely than before. In particular, you will;
- Work with engineering teams to balance speed to market and reliability as we scale our services, traffic and customers.
- Design, build, operate and monitor Culture Amp’s production infrastructure.
- Define new AWS infrastructure and reusable components using CDK.
- Maintain our CI/CD infrastructure.
- Build tooling and services to accelerate other teams in delivering features.
- Collaborate on the architecture of applications and services to promote security, reliability, scalability and overall operability.
SRE at Culture Amp operates as a hub and spoke model, with engineers spending time both in the core team and embedding with product teams for limited project based engagements. We are remote friendly and embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers and learning from others. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
What you will bring to Culture Amp
You have at least two years industry experience, and perhaps much more than that; we’re hiring multiple positions at the Mid level. You don’t need to have all the skills listed, if you have a software engineering background and are passionate about developing your AWS knowledge and infrastructure prowess we would love to hear from you.
You have experience across some of the following areas:
- Amazon Web Services
- Software development
- Infrastructure as code
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Docker and container orchestration
- Security principles and strategies.
- System monitoring and observability.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - or those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.