Why Culture Amp?
At Culture Amp we believe companies that put their people first have a significant competitive advantage. If you want to help us change the world of work then please join us and nearly 2,000 other organizations from around the globe who stand together as Culture First companies.
Work should be a place where everyone can bring their best selves and every day we are helping 1,000s of people do just that. With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put its people culture first.
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First workplaces. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019 we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join the Platform Camp. If you are experienced in driving technical change and excited by writing the code that powers a product you believe in, then we'd love to speak with you. As part of Platform Camp, you will play an instrumental part in establishing a new phase of Culture Amp's distributed architecture, capable of upholding our mission to positively affect the lives of a hundred million people at work.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, many of which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
What you'll bring to Culture Amp
- You have a growth mindset and can adapt to a changing environment
- You have experience working in agile teams and shipping software iteratively
- You naturally think out loud, bring others into conversations and thereby encourage cross-pollination of ideas
- You are adept at communicating complex technical matters in a clear, understandable way
- You are passionate about solving complex problems
- You are proficient with Go, Ruby, or TypeScript
- You are comfortable analysing and working with legacy code as part of its transition to a distributed architecture
- Experience building microservices would be very beneficial
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.