Who we are
What do Slack, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over 3000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
We are a remote-friendly organisation with offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people and culture platform.
Culture Amp is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Platform Camp. If you love working in AWS and you’re excited by empowering engineers to create reliable software that will scale to millions of users then we’d love to speak with you.
Our product camps are made up of several different, highly skilled teams working across our entire stack – from cross-cutting user interface and back end code to infrastructure, data science and machine learning. This role will involve building reusable infrastructure as code in Typescript, providing reliability and infrastructure guidance to other engineers across the camp.
This role will also be working with other site reliability engineers to develop our in house tooling in Go to automate this year’s tasks, reducing toil and helping us get software to production faster, more reliably and more securely than before.
Your role at Culture Amp
- Work with engineering teams to balance speed to market and reliability.
- Design, build, operate and monitor Culture Amp’s production infrastructure.
- Evolve or replace existing infrastructure as we continue to break our monolith into Event Sourced CQRS microservices.
- Define new infrastructure and reusable components using CDK.
- Operate applications and services as containers orchestrated across clusters.
- Create continuous delivery pipelines using Buildkite and AWS technologies.
- Build tooling and services to accelerate other teams in delivering features.
- Collaborate on the architecture of applications and services to promote security, reliability, scalability and overall operability.
Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, many of which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers and learning from others. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
What you will bring to Culture Amp
You have at least two years industry experience, and perhaps much more than that; we’re hiring multiple positions at the Mid level. You have experience across most of the following areas:
- Amazon Web Services
- Software development in at least one of Go, Python, Typescript or similar.
- Infrastructure as code, e.g. CDK, CloudFormation, Ansible.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Docker and container orchestration: AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Security principles and strategies.
- Database administration: RDS PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- System monitoring with New Relic, Datadog, Splunk etc.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - or those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.