Who we are
What do Slack, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over 3,000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
We are a remote-friendly organisation with offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people and culture platform.
Culture Amp is looking for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join the Platform Camp. If you love working in AWS and you’re excited by empowering engineers to create reliable software that will scale to millions of users then we’d love to speak with you.
Our product camps are made up of several different, highly skilled teams working across our entire stack – from cross-cutting user interface and back end code to infrastructure, data science and machine learning. This role will involve building reusable infrastructure as code in Typescript, providing reliability and infrastructure guidance to other engineers across the camp.
This role will also be working with other site reliability engineers to develop our in house tooling in Go to automate this year’s tasks, reducing toil and helping us get software to production faster, more reliably and more securely than before.
Your role at Culture Amp
- Work with engineering teams to balance speed to market and reliability.
- Design, build, operate and monitor Culture Amp’s production infrastructure.
- Evolve or replace existing infrastructure as we continue to break our monolith into Event Sourced CQRS microservices.
- Define new infrastructure and reusable components using CDK.
- Operate applications and services as containers orchestrated across clusters.
- Create continuous delivery pipelines using Buildkite and AWS technologies.
- Build tooling and services to accelerate other teams in delivering features.
- Collaborate on the architecture of applications and services to promote security, reliability, scalability and overall operability.
- Communicate throughout the company to promote alignment of solutions.
- Research, evaluate and introduce new patterns and technologies.
Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, many of which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
What you will bring to Culture Amp
You have at least five years industry experience, and perhaps much more than that; we’re hiring multiple positions at the Lead level. You have experience across most or all of the following areas:
- Amazon Web Services.
- Software development in Go, Python or similar.
- Infrastructure as code, e.g. CDK, CloudFormation, Ansible.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Docker and container orchestration: AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Architecting for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Security principles and strategies.
- Breaking monoliths into microservices.
- Database administration: RDS PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- System monitoring with New Relic, Datadog, Splunk etc.
A few highlights from Culture Amp
- Learn more about our Employee Feedback Platform
- What is a People Geek?
- Our unique DIY approach to L&D
- What does Culture First mean?
If you’re excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-growing organisation, where there’s plenty of opportunities to pitch in on anything, please apply via the form below.