Join the Cult!
CultHealth believes that we can leverage the power of creative thinking to improve health and save lives.
To carry out what we believe in, we're seeking a Director of Project Management to lead the PM team. We're seeking a special person who has a great work ethic and knows how to have fun…(and trust us, we know how to have fun.)
The CultHealth Director of Project Management is the captain that runs the ship! This person is the anchor between departments, ensuring that projects are completed successfully: to spec, within budget, and on time.
As the Director of Project Management, you will be responsible for leading the PM Team across the agency and for overall planning and project execution. Your strategic thinking and problem solving will help ensure project flow, budget adherence and error minimization for all deliverables. You set the lead by example when setting up process. You are equally comfortable being client facing, as you are collaborating with internal personnel.
In this role, you are also a working Project Manager. As such, you are responsible for oversight of print, digital and TV/Video projects from scoping, to creative kickoff, through final delivery and vendor payment. You will guide the project’s workflow to maintain efficiencies (or develop new ones); in an effort to increase profitability by working smarter – not harder. You own the timelines of the department.
At CultHealth, we work hard and play hard. The best fit for this role is someone who can manage projects via professional face-to-face communication as well as via written communication. You manage your work independently and as in a team. You are focused, organized, reliable and can go with the flow. A sense of humor is a bonus as you navigate the waters of hectic days.
- Oversee/mentor the project management team
- Must be a leader and a working manager, with the knowledge and experience to “get things done”
- Oversee planning and resource management in order to ensure the agency meets deliverables
- Research/Implement/Oversee PM tools and software to track and deliver project timelines ex: Proof HQ or Advantage
- Build and manage relationships internally and externally in order to optimally deliver projects according to timelines and within budget
- Manage identification of risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when required
- Ability to track team performance against objectives
- Shares best practices to ensure consistency and rigor in processes, data analysis, and decision making across project teams
- Proactively identify potential risks and set forth a plan for resolution with the team own resolution for any operational issues impacting project schedules
- Hire and train new staff
- Ensure staff meets agency required performance goals as well as their own personal goals which you have set for their development
- Oversee, and when required, manage internal initiatives such as: new business pitches, award show entries, self-promotion work, etc.
- Serve as primary client interface on projects for tactical communications
- Adopt, enforce, and otherwise contribute to overall improvement and quality of Cult’s processes
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently plan, execute, and otherwise manage profitable project
- Gather project requirements (business, functional, technical)
- Document and ensure adherence to technical specifications from external vendors
- Plan projects by defining scope (based upon requirements and deliverables); creating work-based schedules; mapping out resource requirements; and developing comprehensive budgets
- Provide value-added input on business strategy, implementation approach options, and creative solutions to problems
- Consistently manage against “living” project plans and defined budgets
- Consistently monitor and report upon project progress – including financial health
- Lead daily status meetings
- Create and monitor timelines throughout the lifespan of a project. This detailed work plan will identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that tasks and deliverables stay on schedule
- Collaborate with account services to maintain client-facing status sheets and participate in weekly status meetings
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure on-time delivery
- Partner in monthly budget tracking and reconciliation with the account and finance team
- Train new team members on internal processes & best practices
- Ensure medical legal compliance requirements are met in time for submission reviews
- Uphold quality control standards, ensuring milestones sign off from the full team during routing cycles
- Actively demonstrates strong phone, written, and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience successfully managing delivery of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project management organization
- Experience managing print, digital and TV projects
- Demonstrated skills in creating and managing accurate project timelines and budgets
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively and professionally
- Ability to effectively manage internal, remote, and off-shore resources via appropriate task assignment and delegation of responsibilities on projects
- Proven track record of quickly adapting to, and flexing with, changing priorities
- Ability to embrace a date-driven culture to inform decision-making, planning, etc.
- Display professionally appropriate behavior and a strong work ethic
- Remains calm and focused when under pressure
- Has an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive, energetic attitude and ability to focus on finding solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively independently
- Exceptional organization skills
- Actively demonstrates knowledge and execution of project management principles, practices, tools and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of MS Project/Merlin, Excel, Google Sheets, MS word, Adobe Acrobat
- Minimum 7 years work experience as Integrated Project Manager Supervisor and/or Director in Healthcare advertising
- Embody professional, proactive, solution-oriented and collaborative behavior
- CultHealth offers full medical benefits (including dental and vision)
- 401K with match program
- Flex-Spending options
- Transit and Parking programs
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off plus Summer Friday program
- Learning & Development (including monthly Lunch & Learns)
- Tuition Reimbursement program
When it comes to marketing, good chemistry between client and agency doesn’t have to be complicated—it simply requires the right elements coming together to form the right bonds. Working with CultHealth means working together with us—from the partners to the production team. We’re all involved because we’re all bonded together with one common goal—our brands.
CultHealth is a privately owned, full-service healthcare advertising agency in one of the hottest neighborhoods in NYC – NOMAD. We develop brand and communications strategies that inspire healthcare providers and patients to take action, and we execute across traditional channels, like print advertising, POC, broadcast television, and through channels leveraging leading-edge digital communications and technologies. We attract the best of the best in pharma and healthcare and continue to build our team from the most creative, engaging, and collaborative in the industry.