Get paid to play with children affected by Autism!
Flexible hours mostly in the afternoon and evenings!
$18 to $23 an hour and paid training!
No experience required, we will provide training to interested candidates.
Must have a car and auto insurance!
Part time, usually 18 - 25 hours a week!
Rapidly growing company with opportunities to move up in the organization!
Make a difference in a child's life by using our family-centered approach to caring for children with autism spectrum disorders. CSD provides evidenced-based mental health services by observing a child in their home and other natural settings. Join our team and contribute to a program that provides a healthy and rewarding life to children with autism.
As a Behavior Specialist you will travel to homes and other community settings to implement individualized goals and plans for the development of each child.
Use play and fun activities to teach kids affected by autism basic social skills, communication skills, emotional development and independent living skills.
You will be required to execute a plan designed by a program supervisor to improve the child's behavior through skill acquisition. You will also be responsible for keeping detailed treatment notes and behavior data.
Training will be provided during a new hire orientation and in ongoing clinical trainings.
Three days of in person, office based training followed by additional in the field trainings. Additional online training to get candidates BCAT or RBT certified will be provided.
Employees will have additional monthly training to ensure they have the skills and tools necessary for their field. In addition to the provided training, employees are required to remain current on new research and developments in special education and related fields.
- Prefer two years related coursework in Child and Adolescent development, Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education, or a related field.
- Experience working with children. Experience working with children with special needs/autism is preferred.
- Possesses strong communication and written sills; American Sign Language or bilingual ability preferred.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- BCAT or RBT Certification preferred (If certification is unavailable or not completed, Center for Social Dynamics will help candidates through the certification process)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.