Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Awarded a top Moldovan employer of the year in 2021, our growing team in Chișinău develops the product, design, engineering, and marketing that brings our community of passionate fans together.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams champion Crunchyroll’s goal of delivering high-quality video and rich content to our users on multiple platforms. In addition to devising testing strategies and evaluating feature quality, our quality engineers take part in feature planning and design reviews, to contribute their ideas and to ensure testability.
- 4+ years of working experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience with SQL and ETL testing
- Knowledge of Testing Foundations (methodologies, SDLC, approaches, techniques, and quality assurance principles)
- Knowledge of AWS Athena/Redshift, Oracle SQL Developer or/and Microsoft SQL Server
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, considering negative and edge-case scenarios as well as positive scenarios
- High attention to detail and methodical approach to test preparation, execution, and reporting
- Ability to understand end-user requirements
- Experience with test management tools like Test Rail
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to effectively manage own time
- Advanced knowledge of English, strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
A day in the life of our Data QE Engineers:
- Responsible for testing data services, ETL, reporting systems
- Analyzing new features, identifying requirement gaps, creating scenarios
- Provide QA effort estimations
- Creating and executing manual test cases to verify whether the software solutions meet the requirements and quality standards expected
- Analyzing data, identifying issues and data inconsistencies
- Identifying, investigating and reporting defects proactively
- Reviewing and contributing to the revision of acceptance criteria for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Running and analyzing automated test case results
- Reporting testing progress to the Test Lead
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health insurance including dental and vision care and full insurance package for kids; Pregnancy and post-pregnancy coverage;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, extended social and paternity leaves, 5 extra fully paid sick days with no justification required, summer Fridays off, company Christmas vacation, flexible schedule & hybrid working mode;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages, meals reimbursement;
- Find Balance - On-site gym & showers, gym membership refund, camping sets and bikes free rental, counseling via Onlive.md and Talkspace;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll; Crunchyroll Store discount;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy account, foreign language classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, Happy Hours, team buildings & celebrations;
- Take the prize - End-year Bonus, Recognition Award, Impact Award, and Referral Bonus;
- That's not all - Team bonding budget, facilities compensation, global anniversary & birthday recognition program, gifts for special occasions & others.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.