Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
About the Team
The Crunchyroll DevOps Team is a small group of highly skilled cloud engineers with a passion for automating the platform on which our software developers deploy their applications. Our customers are the software engineers and other business units within the company who work around us every day and need our support. We live to make things easier for them to rapidly develop, test, and deploy new features and applications. Working with the other engineering teams to make DevOps culture at Crunchyroll is a key objective for the team in 2021 and beyond!
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
A Day in the Life of Our DevOps Engineer
We run a 24/7 Global operation. Our team works in shifts and we handoff to the daytime shift in each timezone on a daily basis. We believe in working hard, having a work life balance, and striving to maintain it. The team supports each other when needed on both project work as well as on call rotations. We enjoy working with many different types of people on teams throughout the company and helping them to contribute to the smooth running of our platform and applications. AWS is a core component of our platform and we work with it daily. Another part of our daily lives is working with CICD tools and refining the software development lifecycle. We onboard new features and applications every day and find ways to optimize our platform just as frequently.
- 5+ years of experience of professional work experience in an operations or engineering environment
- Experience with maintaining large production systems
- Extensive experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Proficient in at least one major cloud service provider (Amazon, Google, Azure)
- Comfortable with networking and Linux systems
- A strong willingness to spend the time learning and working on new technologies
- Experience with a scripting language to solve a problem or accomplish some task (Ruby, Python, Go)
- Experience managing deployments using Spinnaker.
- Contribute to infrastructure architecture discussions
- Experience with observability tools (New Relic, or similar)
- Strong software engineering background.
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.