Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Awarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About the Team
The Crunchyroll DevOps Team is a small group of highly skilled cloud engineers with a passion for automating the platform on which our software developers deploy their applications. Our customers are the software engineers and other business units within the company who work around us every day and need our support. We live to make things easier for them to rapidly develop, test, and deploy new features and applications. Working with the other engineering teams to make DevOps a culture at Crunchyroll is a key objective for the team in 2021 and beyond.
- You have already worked as a DevOps engineer, or you are interested in trying something new with these technologies!
- You have deployed applications that use AWS technologies.
- You are a good collaborator and can lead cross-team initiatives.
- You have created automation and tools using languages like Python, Go, Java, or Ruby, or you have experience writing applications with the same technologies.
- You think about how to automate long-term solutions to problems rather than applying a quick fix.
- You have experience contributing to multiple stages of the software development lifecycle, or you’ve built or maintained specific components of a CI/CD pipeline
- You’re familiar with how to work in a Linux environment.
- You’re familiar with monitoring and alerting tools and how they can be used.
Nice to have
- Experience writing infrastructure as code
- Experience with containerizing applications
- Experience building and maintaining a production Kubernetes cluster.
- Experience managing deployments using Spinnaker.
- Strong software engineering background.
A Day in the Life of Our DevOps Engineer
We run a 24/7 Global operation. Our team works in shifts and we handoff to the daytime shift in each timezone on a daily basis. We believe in working hard, having a work life balance, and striving to maintain it. The team supports each other when needed on both project work as well as on call rotations. We enjoy working with many different types of people on teams throughout the company and helping them to contribute to the smooth running of our platform and applications. AWS is a core component of our platform and we work with it daily. Another part of our daily lives is working with CI/CD tools and refining the software development lifecycle. We onboard new features and applications every day and find ways to optimize our platform just as frequently
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental, and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, counseling, and support through Talkspace;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & VRV;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy account, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & others.
*Due to health and safety considerations, during the pandemic, this benefit is temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status