We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
About The Team
The Integrated Marketing team focuses on Events and eCommerce marketing and accelerates audience growth, drives revenue, and is key to the expansion of the Crunchyroll brand. We build relationships, and have the ability to build and execute end-to-end, long-term marketing strategy, significantly impacting global growth.
For events, we are responsible for marketing and promotions strategies for new and existing events worldwide, including Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Expo, Crunchyroll Movie Night and more! For eCommerce, we develop innovative campaigns to maximize sales in a cost-effective way. We are highly collaborative, working closely with multiple partners to ensure success in competitive markets.
You are a leader, capable of creating and executing marketing strategy for products and services. In addition to your high-level critical thinking, you also have strong analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience in marketing for entertainment, eCommerce, media, OTT and/or tech
- Track record leading large-scale marketing projects with multiple teams, end-to-end
- Experience independently leading cross-functional efforts with internal and external partners, and building consensus across a range of goals and objectives
- Experience handling significant marketing budgets
- Comfortable presenting marketing plans and strategies to executive leaders
- Creative problem solver, able to work with brand and creative teams to generate original ideas and fresh concepts for campaigns
- Comfortable and experienced working with product, engineering, and design teams
- Flexible and quick-thinking, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Respect for fandoms, and understands the importance of community-building
- An interest in pop culture, anime, media and/or entertainment strongly preferred
A day in the life of our marketing team:
- Lead and champion the Integrated Marketing team, which owns campaign marketing for Crunchyroll’s 360 businesses of eCommerce and Events
- Build and lead end-to-end marketing strategies, evolve the strategy based on those results, and handle related resourcing (including personnel and budget)
- Partner with business units to define growth goals and own critical metrics, forecasts, marketing channels, and tactics
- Coordinate reporting of results and optimizations based on performance. Lead communication of objectives, goals, and pacing at senior level.
- Identify and act upon successes, failures, and operational areas for improvement
- Manage direct reports and provide them with mentorship and support
- Manage business relationships with partners, owning marketing efforts and collaborating on growth opportunities for the business.
- Research potential new event marketing opportunities in conjunction with the Head of Events and Ecom; support the creation of new original events and exclusive merchandise for Crunchyroll via marketing strategy.
- Develop marketing plans for Crunchyroll sponsorship presence at third-party conventions and events
Benefits: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.