Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Awarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About The Team:
We develop apps for devices found in a Living Room: Xbox, PlayStation, Android TV/Fire TV, Chrome cast, Roku, etc. To deliver from a single codebase across all platforms, our team uses You.i framework in combination with a variety of code written in TypeScript, C++, Kotlin, BrightScript and Java to create a flawless fan experience. And, because there are so many platforms to explore, inevitably, we’re having fun in the process of doing what we love - programming!
- 2+ years of experience with React Native
- Experience with REST API
- Deep understanding of clean code concepts, design patterns
- Good level of knowledge of English
- Can freely use Git
- Easily write unit tests
Nice To Have:
- Experience with mobile development
- Hand hands on the TypeScript language
- Had used or tried RxJS
- Familiar with 10-foot UI
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
A Day In The Life Of Our React Developer:
- Participate in daily standup and technical meetings and discuss code design, architecture, frameworks, new insights, and concepts
- Use the Playstation, the Xbox, AndroidTV, Roku to implement new app features using specially crafted Facebook’s React Native framework to work on these devices.
- Have fun discovering the bugs and eliminate them
- Write our own small tooling in Typescript
- We are humans, tell jokes, laugh, meet for drinks, and other stuff.
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental, and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, counseling, and support through Talkspace;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & VRV;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy account, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & others.
*Due to health and safety considerations, during the pandemic, this benefit is temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.